Thursday 5 September 2013

Positively Pleasing Pershore Plum Festival

Pershore is famous for their plums and from the turn out, everyone knows it. Even though it lasts for a month with various events throughout that time, the one event I want to really talk about is the Pershore Bank Holiday Monday event. A market with various tastes that will tantalise your taste buds.

I do love a good market and may have dipped into my pocket to make a few good investments. Here is a picture of some the delectable goods I got my hands on.

L to R: Cider Punch, Salmon, Leek & Mozerella Tart, Plums, Curry Sauce, Belgium Chocolate Slab, Treacle tart, Mead, Plum Tart and Black Cherry Liqueur.
Generally enjoyed all of these delectable things and needed to stock up on my Mead since I used it up in like a couple of months. So this time, I am gonna make it last longer. But don't worry I am not that much of a drunk *hiccup*. For the plums I have made a couple of recipes, one sweet and one savoury. These will be uploaded in due course.

Mulled Plum Punch
Apart from the food, there was a vast selection of cars and a variety of entertainment such as live cookery from a chief using plum related recipes and for the children teddy bear parachuting. An enjoyable day out for the whole family as well as ample amounts of cider, plum drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and live music. Add the town crier and the mayor, you have a lovely mix for a grand day out.

Make sure you put this event in your calendar!





No comments:

Post a Comment